Wednesday 18 July 2012

Southern Gothic

I've had to have a bit of a break from artistic endeavour, as I've been trapped in the land of D.I.Y for the past month and a bit. I now know far more than I want to about plumbing/ electrics/ grout. And yet somehow... Not enough.
I'd explain more about this, but its incredibly boring. The main thing is that I'm done now, and I have time to draw again. Sweet relsease and hallelujah.
Lately I've been inspired by Southern Gothic. I've been reading lots and lots of James Lee Burke, some William Faulkner, and am just finishing a second reading of Donna Tart's 'The Little Friend'. Been listening to a combination if the blues and Gothic Western... Playlist to follow.



So, from this immersion in all things morally ambiguous and draped in melancholy, I present... Some characters that might be from these books and songs

No comments:

Post a Comment